With summer officially underway, don’t forget to take a few minutes to download your Xfinity apps before a vacation. Whether you’re heading to the beach, setting out on a road or plane trip or even just chilling at home, these apps offer control, information and entertainment for busy families.
- Xfinity Stream: With this app, watch live TV and XFINITY On Demand on any device in or out of the home. If you’re an X1 Cloud DVR customer, you can also stream or download your Cloud DVR recordings to your device and watch anywhere. It’s great for: staying entertained on long flights or road trips.
- Xfinity xFi: Manage your home WiFi network from anywhere, on any device – even from your TV with X1. See what devices are online, how long they’ve been on, and even pause WiFi for devices on your network. It’s great for: making sure dinnertime or bed time is Internet-free.
- Xfinity Home: With Xfinity Home services, you can use this app to manage your thermostats, alarm system and lights. You can also see live video of indoor and outdoor cameras and receive alerts if something goes wrong. It’s great for: turning on lights to make it appear that someone’s home.
- Xfinity WiFi app: Depending on where your travels take you, keep in mind that Xfinity Internet customers have access to the nation’s largest Wi-Fi network of more than 17 million hotspots. Find them with this app or simply check the hotspot map. It’s great for: figuring out the closest place where you can get online.
- Xfinity Connect: If you want to stay fully connected when you’re away, you can check your comcast.net email, make and receive voice calls using your home phone number and check your voice mail via this app. It’s great for: saving on international phone charges while you’re abroad.
Customers can take advantage of these free apps by downloading them from the app store and simply signing in with their Comcast.net user name and password.
We’ll be talking more about apps and managing screen time with Kristin Quinn from Misadventures in Mommyhood in a special #XfinityMoms Twitter chat on Wednesday, June 21st at 1:00pm EST. We hope you can join us!