Local residents who lost power after Sunday’s storm can recharge their devices at participating Xfinity Stores in New England. This is a FREE service and anyone is welcome to visit participating locations.
To find your closest participating Plug In, Power Up location, please refer to the list below and find further information about Xfinity apps designed to keep you connected when you need it the most.
- Cromwell: 4 Willow Brook Road
- Danbury: 15 Backus Avenue
- Groton: 220 CT-12
- North Haven: 300 Universal Drive North
- Waterbury: 920 Wolcott Street
- West Hartford: 1253 New Britain Avenue
- Allston: 1316 Commonwealth Ave
- Brockton: Westgate Mall; 200 Westgate Drive
- Burlington: 62 Second Avenue
- Danvers: 139 Endicott Street
- Framingham: 150 Worchester Road
- Lowell: 199 Plain Street
- Mansfield: Mansfield Crossing; 280 School Road
- Methuen: 70 Pleasant Valley Street
- Newton: 300 Needham Street
- Plymouth: 104 Colony Place Road
- Raynham: Cape Roads Crossing; 600 South Street
- Somerville: 116 Beacon Street
- Springfield: 1083 Boston Road
- Westford: Cornerstone Square
- Nashua: 219 Daniel Webster Highway
- South Burlington: 205 Dorset Street
And, here are four Xfinity apps you can download on your smartphone or tablet to help you stay connected:
We work behind the scenes ahead of a storm preparing our systems and teams to help make sure our customers’ services work when the weather gets rough. During a storm we continue monitoring potential issues so we can address them as quickly and safely as possible; our field techs go out as soon as it’s safe to bring back any services that may be down due to extreme winds and flooding.
Follow @ComcastNewEng on Twitter to stay up-to-date on local alerts and events.