Jesenia Romero’s Luxury Palace Beauty Salon in Dorchester is one of the latest Comcast RISE tech makeover recipients in Massachusetts.
Comcast RISE, which stands for “Representation, Investment, Strength and Empowerment,” has provided over $60 million in grants, marketing and technology services to more than 6,700 small businesses owned by people of color – including Black, Indigenous, Hispanic and Asian Americans since it launched in November 2020. Locally, 52 small businesses in the Greater Boston area have received Comcast RISE awards.
Here’s more about Jesenia Romero, Comcast RISE, and how the program could help move your business forward, too.
Luxury Palace Beauty Salon
Jesenia Romero has owned her own Luxury Palace Beauty Salon in Dorchester since 2015. Thanks to loyal clients, Jesenia never seems to have an empty chair. Her philosophy is to listen to each client’s needs and make them feel great about themselves by the time they leave her shop.
Jesenia learned about Comcast RISE from Four Corners Main Streets, a Dorchester nonprofit that supports local small businesses. “I applied for Comcast RISE and never looked back,” she said. “The Comcast Business tech makeover has helped me to not only offer my clients free WiFi, but to also provide them with brand new iPads to check out the latest news, entertainment or whatever they’re interested in while they wait for their appointment.”
And, you can read more about Jesenia and her experience in the latest edition of El Mundo Boston available here.
About Comcast RISE
Comcast RISE provides the opportunity for small businesses owned by people of color nationwide to apply for one of the following support focus areas:
- Technology Makeovers: The state-of-the-art equipment and technology upgrade from Comcast Business includes computer equipment as well as internet, voice, and cybersecurity services for up to a 12-month period. (Taxes and other fees may still apply for technology makeover services.)
- Marketing Services: The following services from Effectv, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, and its creative agency, Mnemonic, are designed to help recipients with their marketing and media campaigns, including:
- Media: A linear TV media campaign to run over a 90-day period.
- Creative Production: Turnkey :30 TV commercial production, plus a media strategy consultation and 90-day media placement schedule.
- Consulting: Advertising and marketing consultations with local Effectv marketing, research, and creative teams to gain insights on how to drive business.
Comcast RISE recipients also receive access to Ureeka, an online platform for entrepreneurs with a specialized online networking community with educational resources, sources of capital, and vetted experts.
How to Apply
Applications are being accepted for the latest phase of Comcast RISE through January 15, 2022 at www.ComcastRISE.com. Eligibility includes independent small businesses owned by people of color, including Black, Indigenous, Hispanic and Asian American owners, among others.
Note: Starting January 16th, 2022, the program will expand eligibility to all women-owned small businesses, regardless of race or ethnicity. Please refer to our Terms & Conditions to see if you are eligible to apply.
Comcast’s Ongoing Commitment to Advancing Digital Equity
Comcast RISE, which stands for Representation, Investment, Strength and Empowerment, is part of Project UP, Comcast’s comprehensive initiative to advance digital equity and help provide underrepresented small business owners with access to the digital tools and funding they need to thrive. Over the next 10 years, Comcast has committed $1 billion to programs like Comcast RISE and partnerships that will reach an estimated 50 million people with the skills, opportunities and resources they need to succeed in an increasingly digital world.
Looking forward, Comcast RISE will continue to empower and strengthen even more racially and ethnically diverse small businesses that are the heart of our local communities across the country.