Comcast started construction in Lebanon, Maine to deliver its full suite of Xfinity and Comcast Business services to more than 3,000 additional residents and businesses in Belknap County by the end of 2024. This follows completed expansion activity to 11,200 residents and businesses in Sanford, Maine months ahead of schedule.
Sanford residents can visit Xfinity.com and businesses can visit ComcastBusiness.com to see if their address is currently eligible for service. As construction to expand the network continues in Lebanon, residents and businesses can also visit Xfinity.com/MyTown and enter their address to get additional details on services and when they will be available. They can also visit our Xfinity Store at 861 Central Avenue in Dover, NH to see if service is available. Experts at the Xfinity Store can also help with product demonstrations, answer any questions consumers may have and help local businesses schedule an informational meeting with the Comcast Business sales team.
“We are committed to investing in and expanding our network to ensure that more residents and businesses in Maine have the connectivity they need to succeed,” said Anthony Bowling, Senior Vice President of Comcast’s Greater Boston Region, which includes Maine. “We are proud to provide Lebanon and Sanford customers with fast, secure and reliable Internet services that are built to meet the community’s needs today and into the future.”
Residents will have access to Xfinity’s full suite of Internet products, including the company’s Internet Essentials program that provides low-cost, high-speed broadband for income constrained households.
Comcast’s expansion in Lebanon and Sanford is part of the company’s latest investment in Maine. To learn more about Comcast’s commitment and contribution to bringing Internet access to all Americans, especially residents and businesses in underserved and unserved locations, visit ComcastCorporation.com/broadband-partnerships.
Powered by the Xfinity 10G Network
Comcast’s Xfinity 10G Network and Internet experience are powering homes today and into the future:
- Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect more than 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with the next-generation Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing, and more, simultaneously.
- Fastest Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products. Recently Comcast connected the first customers in the world to a DOCSIS 4.0 connection, delivering symmetrical gig speeds over existing connections in customers’ homes with plans to continue to rollout these speeds across the country over the coming years.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful WiFi Boost Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas of the home.
- Most Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network – the Xfinity 10G Network – that passes 62 million homes and business and counting. The company launched Storm-Ready WiFi, a new device that comes powered with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
- Ultra-Low Latency: The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest Xfinity Gateway are a powerful combination that deliver ultra-low latency for those moments when response times matter most like video games, a fast-growing category with Xfinity households averaging more than one gaming console per home.
For local businesses, Comcast Business offers a suite of connectivity, communications, networking, cybersecurity, wireless and managed solutions to help organizations of different sizes prepare for what’s next. Powered by the nation’s largest Gig-speed broadband network, and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and one of the leading service providers to the Enterprise market. Comcast Business has been consistently recognized by industry analysts and associations as a leader and innovator, and one of the fastest growing providers of Ethernet services.
Since 2018, Comcast has invested more than $20 billion to evolve and grow its national network.