Comcast is expanding the Xfinity 10G Network to the towns of Belmont and Tilton, delivering its full suite of Xfinity and Comcast Business services to more than 6,600 additional residents and businesses in Belknap County by the end of 2024. More than 3,000 residents have already been connected to Xfinity’s full suite of products and services including Xfinity’s gigabit Internet, Xfinity Mobile, Xfinity Home, and NOW TV, among others. This follows previously completed expansion activity to 8,500 residents and businesses in Gilford and Laconia, NH last year.
“We are thrilled to bring our best-in-class residential and business offerings to this first wave of Belmont and Tilton customers,” said Anthony Bowling, Senior Vice President of Comcast’s Greater Boston Region, which includes New Hampshire. “Comcast is proud to provide more Lakes Region customers with fast, secure and reliable Internet services that are built to meet Belknap County’s needs today and into the future.”
As construction to expand the network continues, residents and businesses can visit Xfinity.com/MyTown and enter their addresses to get additional details on services and when they will be available. They can also visit the Xfinity Store located at 1458 Lakeshore Road in Gilford to see if service is available. Experts at the Xfinity Store can also help with product demonstrations, answer any questions consumers may have and help local businesses schedule an informational meeting with the Comcast Business sales team.
Residents will have access to Xfinity’s full suite of Internet products, including the company’s Internet Essentials program that provides low-cost, high-speed broadband for income constrained households.
Comcast’s most recent expansion in Belmont and Tilton is part of the company’s latest investment in New Hampshire. Comcast has expanded to other New Hampshire communities, including Gilford, Laconia and Rochester. To learn more about Comcast’s commitment and contribution to bringing Internet access to all Americans, especially residents and businesses in underserved and unserved locations, visit ComcastCorporation.com/broadband-partnerships.
Powered by the Xfinity 10G Network
Comcast’s Xfinity 10G Network and Internet experience are powering homes today and into the future:
- Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect more than 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with the next-generation Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing, and more, simultaneously.
- Fastest Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products. Recently Comcast connected the first customers in the world to a DOCSIS 4.0 connection, delivering symmetrical gig speeds over existing connections in customers’ homes with plans to continue to rollout these speeds across the country over the coming years.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful WiFi Boost Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas of the home.
- Most Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network – the Xfinity 10G Network – that passes 62 million homes and business and counting. The company launched Storm-Ready WiFi, a new device that comes powered with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
- Ultra-Low Latency: The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest Xfinity Gateway are a powerful combination that deliver ultra-low latency for those moments when response times matter most like video games, a fast-growing category with Xfinity households averaging more than one gaming console per home.
For local businesses, Comcast Business offers a suite of connectivity, communications, networking, cybersecurity, wireless and managed solutions to help organizations of different sizes prepare for what’s next. Powered by the nation’s largest Gig-speed broadband network, and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and one of the leading service providers to the Enterprise market. Comcast Business has been consistently recognized by industry analysts and associations as a leader and innovator, and one of the fastest growing providers of Ethernet services.
In addition, the readers of the Laconia Daily Sun recognized both Xfinity and Comcast Business as the #1 Internet provider as part of the publication’s “Best of the Lakes Region” Product of the Year awards.
Since 2020, Comcast has provided $5.8 million in cash and in-kind support to organizations across New Hampshire, such as the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central NH and MY TURN. Comcast also established a Lift Zone with WiFi service at the Boys & Girls Club of the Lakes Region in Laconia in 2021. Lift Zones are part of Project UP, Comcast’s comprehensive $1 billion commitment to help build a future of unlimited possibilities and the continuation of the company’s long history of giving back to communities where it provides service and where its employees live and work.